Yesterday LB and I took the four middles to Fitchburg to a Very Perlman Gathering featuring my Aunt Marilyn, Coz Uriel, and Lo, and held at the home of Dave, Andra, Mom and little ones. My Aunt Marilyn told me she missed reading my blog and I felt like.. let's just say I'd bet you'd feel pretty crummy if you knew you'd let your Aunt Marilyn down.
I'm not even going to try to fill in all the blanks of the past 4 months. Okay, I'm going to try. Please do not feel slighted if, say, you did the Heimlich maneuver on me and saved my life and I forget to mention it. Also, activities will not necessarily be listed in chronological order.
1. I backpacked on my sister's confidence and initiative and let my hair return to its natural color.
2. Daisy went to prom with her best friend.
3. Daisy was graduated from high school, and Dana from the 8th grade.
4. Dana is excited to join the cross country team. Here you can see his foot next to mine. He wears a men's size 11 yet he is only about 5'6".
5. Speaking of Dana, here are my only two children who let me photograph them willy-nilly:
6. Even Olive is wise to the camera and if she sees my trying to take video during Sweeney School, she gives me a dirty look and makes a vehement "All Done" sign. Olive has about fourteen signs now and is learning to say More, Go, and All Done. She will continue at Sweeney in the fall, and has resumed sessions with...Magical Realism Maria!
"All Done" is probably Olive's favorite sign and it's a lot like Aloha: sometimes it means, "Let's blow this clambake." Sometimes it means, "My plate is empty and I'm not happy about that." Or "I want to end this meal/activity, or even, "Day is done. I want to go to bed." Other times it means, "Shutty!" or, "Mommy, if you knew how foolish you look when you car-dance to Uptown Funk, you'd never stop cringing."
7. I went on my annual pilgrimage to visit Aunt Lo. Flying doesn't scare me so much anymore. Thank you, Prozac!
8. Lo took me out to get my make-up done and got me every single tool to create this look:
With great hotness comes great responsibility. I must pace myself.
9. This photo is taken from Lo's second floor deck. Lo can identify individual wild birds and even recognizes their little bird faces.
10. I have gotten very good at recognizing my husband. That's him! No clue who that old lady is, though.
11. Lo took me for (several) delicious meals. On my last evening we had this dessert. This slice of cake says everything from, "I'm delicious!" to "I will never leave you. Ever. Not even when you want me to. No, I mean it."
12. On the subject of food, I had a physical earlier in the summer. I've got high blood pressure, very high "bad" cholesterol, and I weighed close to ten pounds more than I thought I did.
13. The blood pressure has come down considerably with weight loss but apparently cholesterol doesn't work that way. My first statin, teetering under the peach I do not dare eat.
I am tired and out of practice! Until tomorrow, with several more list items.